Sunday, May 1, 2011

Euphoria Stage

I can't tell you how many times in the past few weeks I've woken up in the morning, looked out the window to see clear blue sky, and declared to myself, "It's the most beautiful day in the world!!"  Because IT'S TRUE!!  It has just been glorious day after glorious day.  I can't get over it. 

I'm in some kind of euphoria stage right now.  I'm obsessed with and completely in love with everything around me.  My apartment. The courtyards leading to my apartment. The view out the window. My street. The cafes on my street. The neighborhood, the architecture, the fact that the Eiffel tower is pretty much my backyard.  I just can't get over it.  

I feel so lucky to be here.  There are so many other neighborhoods I'd love to take time to explore, but I'm loving my own neighborhood so much that I still want to spend more time discovering it.  I'm realizing that it would genuinely take a lifetime to explore Paris, there's just so much to see.  So much amazingness, so little time.  I just walk around thinking about how happy I am, it's kind of sick.  In the best way, of course.

I mean, right now I’m sitting in my backyard, the Champs de Mars, with this as my view.  It’s ridiculous. 
It's been a great couple weeks, mixed in with lots of work and very little time off...but when I do have time off, I've just loved it.

Don't worry...it comes at a price.  Coming up next, we'll look at how I pay the dues for the good part.  It's not all pastries & Eiffel tower after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment