Monday, March 21, 2011

Update

1. Thanks everyone for your prayers & encouragement. That has been super helpful, has really meant a lot to me, and has really helped me through the past week. 

2.  I hope to have an apartment tomorrow!! 

3. Tonight while dining solo at a cafe, I took a bite of bread that somehow managed to violently launch itself across the table & hit a guy in the leg at the next table over.  By myself.  Alone.  Hitting people with bread.  No idea how this happened.  Did I mention the alone part?  And the bread.  Flying.  From my table.

4. I just ate a piece of chocolate that unbeknownst to me had mold on it due to its fresh non-preservative nature. Then I saw the rest in the box, with the white speckles all over.   Mhmm.  Yes.

This concludes my update.

3 comments:

  1. You truly need to be a comedian. You crack me up.

    Sorry you are off to a rough start :(

    Know that Jesus is there for those who pelt people with bread and eat rank chocolate. Stay encouraged! Praying for ya Julie...

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie!
    Praying that the apartment comes through tomorrow. I was at my roommate Ryan's birthday party and his friends made a delicious chocolate cake that had pieces of bacon in it. Was amazing and thought that you would like to know.
    Amit

    Psalm 18:30-32
    God’s way is perfect. All the Lord’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.

    For who is God except the Lord? Who but our God is a solid rock?

    God arms me with strength, and he makes my way perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sort of reminds me of my very first nite in Paris. All alone. Tenuous grasp of the language. Looking at the menu thinking, "Oops. I recognize NOTHING they are offering." (Ya definitely got a leg up on me in the cuisine department, Julie.)

    So I land on "Steak tartare." I mean, steak, right? Can't go wrong there. And I like tartar sauce, of course.

    God sent a little angel dressed as a condescending French waiter to ask me if I really knew what I was ordering. (I guess he could tell I wasn't from those parts.) He recommended a different choice. Whew. Found out later what I'd narrowly avoided.

    Your post made me smile.

    Praying and praying, Julie! Keep the updates coming.

    Bon courage et à bientôt en ligne,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete