One of the first things people ask me is, “What are you going to do there??” So I thought that’d be a good starting point. This is the tentative plan through 2012, but who knows! (“The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” Prov 16:9)
- Work in the office of Fat Tire Bike Tours, a company that gives biking & walking tours of Paris. It was started by an Aggie, and has an Aggie as the manager! A little home sweet home.
- Skip around Paris every day singing about the wonder that is Paris in falsetto
- Eat incredible amounts of butter, cheese, bread, & pastries
- Gain 10 pounds, freak out, start exercising more and lay off the butter.
- More skipping, more singing.
- Get a job as an au pair (nanny) where I pick up the kids from school around 4pm, cook dinner, put them to bed. This provides a place to stay (living with the family), food to eat, and pocket money.
- During the day, start working on a business idea (I have plans brewing) to keep me in France long term.
- Evaluate. Do I like living in Paris? Are my business ideas working out? Do I stay another year or do I say, “Sacre Bleu, that was fun!” and head back to the states?